Sunday, November 30, 2008







Another weekend has come and gone and Karen and I continue to prepare for miss Blakelys arrival. Last week we finally purchased my diaper bag (man-bag.) I want to get blakelys name monogramed on the side at some point so everyone will know who my little princess is. Im still learning what all goes in the bag and where everything is suppose to be so whenever i need to get something out I will know exactly where it is at all times. On Thanksgiving night I went and saw '4 Christmases' at the movies.  In one scene a baby projectile vomited all over Reese Witherspoon.  I realized after seeing that, that I need to be prepared for any situation... so my man bag will be stocked and ready to handle anything that Blakely sends my way (literally).



We added another girly touch to the nursery this past week. Instead of spending hundreds of dollars on a real chandelier we decided to buy a chandelier decal. Not only is it cool looking but it was also pretty easy to put up. Im saying it was easy because i didn't help much putting it on the wall. Thank you Cindy for taking the time to make sure it was straight while I watched football. At the beginning I was trying to help but I kept getting in trouble (by karen, the supervisor) so I decided to let the pro take over.

Laundry has taken on a new meaning in this house. We decided to go ahead and wash everything... from clothes, burp cloths, wash cloths, towels, sheets, blankets and pretty much anything else that the baby will come in contact with. Not only did we spend a whole night hanging and folding stuff we still have one more basket to put up and one more load to wash. It wasn't till then that I realized how many clothes she actually has.

Last but not least, thanksgiving :) what a day, Karen's family was in from out of town and it was fun to have the kids around for a while. 
There was alot of yelling and alot of running around which meant there was never a dull moment. The night before Thanksgiving I was assigned the task of helping cook the turkey. This meant I unwrapped it, cleaned it, stuffed it  and put it in the oven. All this under supervision of course. 

After we all had a wonderful lunch David and I headed  to Texas Stadium to go watch some Cowboys Football. For those of you that know me well know that my favorite thing about going to the Cowboys game, besides watching the game itself, is to watch my favorite cheerleader.... 
Meredith (the red head).  Our seats were great for this game, and I had a great view of Meredith from my seat.... that is until some idiot with a big SIGN stood up and blocked my view....the ENTIRE time she was on our side of the field.  I wanted to go down there and take his sign away from him but he just had to be a cowboys fan so I kept hoping that he would sit down (which he never did).

No comments: