Friday, October 31, 2008

False Alarm #1

First of all HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!! :)

It's week 29 and things are going as expected . Last Tuesday I had three softball games back to back to back, and to tell you the truth in the middle of the last one I was really feeling tired and all I wanted to do was sit down for a little bit. So every time it was our turn to bat i enjoyed sitting for a few minutes until it was my turned to go. Close to the end I received a few texts from Karen that read as followed :

Karen: I just spotted


Milo: Is she moving at all? (she = Blakely)

Karen: Yes

(i remember Karen’s doctor told us once that spotting can happen from time to time but we should only wory about it if it feels up a pad in an hour, sorry if that’s tmi)

Milo: Don’t worry babe

Karen: You ready to be a dad soon?

( weird question to ask but of course I am )


Milo: I'm as ready as I can be

Then I talked to her on the phone for a few minutes and she told me that she thinks that she lost her mucus. Huhh?????? We hang up and started texting again

Milo: The only mucus I know is in your nose

Karen: No ding dong. Your mucus plug is a one time discharge

Karen: I think I migt have just lost my mucus plug which means labor is either hours, days or a few weeks away. Its the first sign of labor.


After she told me that I freaked out and I headed home, I usually like to stay and talk to the guys for a little bit but this time I had to rush home. The next day we went to the doctor and they said that she was fine. Thank God.....

As she calls it on her blog False Alarm #1

1 comment:

Karen said...

I can not believe you put my texts on your blog. I should have 100% editorial rights to this blog.

PS. Your mucus plug isnt necessarily a one time discharge. Apparently it can take days to discharge slowly and it can rejuvenate itself. Just an FYI