Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A picasso in the family.




When Karen gets an idea in her head i always wonder how long she is going to hang on to it. One day it might sound like the greatest idea and the next it might not be as good as it was the day before. For example the nursery, I think she is finally happy with the progress we are making. A few weeks ago she had me paint stripes on one wall and i took my time with every stripe... i wanted the lines to be perfectly straight and by the time i was done she decided that she didn't like it..... hummm so whats next? more painting for me, thats whats next. Karen got a new idea in her head and of course me being Mr. nice guy i did what she wanted and we ended up with a very nice design.

The next thing was painting quotes on the wall. Each family member had to come up with a quote and she is going to trace it onto the wall then paint it. At first that sounded like a good idea until you get to thinking how hard that would be.... Apparently not hard enough for karen! When i got home today i found her on top of a ladder with a pencil in her hand tracing quotes from a projector... this girl is something else :) I decided to help a little bit but after tracing 2 letters my arm started to hurt, i still have no idea how she had all that energy to trace a quote, outline it, and then paint it! Where ever she got all that energy from i need to go get me some.

The first quote she finished was her dad's
"I didn't ask to be a princess, but if the crown fits......"
Now she needs to finish hers and start on mine, or better yet, she needs to sit down and let me take over. I'm sure its going to take me a lot longer to do half the amount of letters she did, but it will all be worth it...

No comments: