Wednesday, October 15, 2008

She melts my heart and she is not even here yet

I never thought that becoming a father was going to change my life so much. Most guys want a son and of course i was no exception, I was sure we were going to have a little boy... I imagined how he was going to play in pee-wee football and how me and him would go to the football games together. After the first sonogram karen was convinced that it was a boy so I always teased karen about how we were going to have a girl just because she was so sure that we were having a boy ( look at her post about her gut instinct). One day I was at a friends house hanging out and the movie The Game Plan came on and that was the first time that I cried from watching a movie. Im not exactly sure what happened but ever since that day I wanted to have a girl and I have been blessed with one.
my quote for the nursery wall says it best "I wished upon a star, and I got you".
Im not sure if this happens to other people or not, I can't seem to be able to control my emotions any more. I get emotional when i think about Blakely, I cant hold my tears back no matter where i am or who im with. tears just start rolling down my face. Im counting down the weeks until i can hold her in my arms and tell her how much I love her.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Awwwww. so precious! I cant wait to have photos made of the two of you.

Danielly said...

Oh, Milo, that is so INCREDIBLY sweet! I am going to enjoy reading your blog, but I will not be able to do it with out a blox of Kleenex in hand. I LOVE IT!