Friday, October 24, 2008

Nursery in the Making


How come the weekends always seem to be too short? It seems like just yesterday was Friday and I couldn't wait to get off work so I could go home and spend some time with the family. Now its Sunday night and I can't believe I have to be back at work tomorrow morning. Time is flying by so fast that I can't seem to keep up with it. 2 weeks ago I was at Hobby Lobby with my boss getting some stuff framed and I found the cutest picture of a little ballerina dressed in her little tutu and I knew it would look perfect in the nursery so I decided to buy it. I was right it looks perfect in there, im not sure Karen was as excited about it... or she is just jealous of my good taste. Robin (blakely's aunt) made a really cute thing that is going to hang on the door of the nursery and it turned out awesome, maybe the fact that she is a teacher had something to do with it looking so good or maybe she watches alot of those DIY shows on tv. Nonnie, ( blakely's grandma) made the curtains, blanket, and the thing that goes underneath the mattress in the crib and they look really really good, she is now going to make the bumper for the crib and I cant wait for her to be done with it, she does some really amazing things with the sewing machine. Grandpa and I have been doing most of the of the other stuff such as painting, and installing crown molding in the room. and of course karen has been working on the quotes on the wall. Blakely's nursery is coming together very well, and it all has been done with alot of love from everyone, my little star is loved by everyone more than she will ever know.

Saturday was karens first baby shower and although I did not stay to witness all the excitement Karen tells me it turned out great. Thank you Julie, Robin, Cindy and Susan for putting it together for Karen and Blakely. We got , or should I say Blakely got a lot of stuff. I knew what most of the stuff was except some things that girls call "opaque tights"???? I have so much to learn about girls stuff. I also have decided that I need to have a shower, im not exactly sure what kind but Its like having Christmas and all the presents are for you. My favorite present of them all was the teddy bear that scott bought for the nursery, thank you Scott, its exactly what we were looking for.

Friday was the 28 week mark, and with that is a big relief. If anything was to happen and Karen had to go in to labor Blakely would have an 85% chance of survival, our next goal is now 32 weeks and from there things should be a lot better and safer for Karen and Blakely

New things that happen with Blakely:

  1. Last Thursday she got the hiccups for the first time
  2. She responded to my voice and actually moved towards me
That's Right tonight Karen was having some really bad pains and she could not breath (apparently Blakeley was close to her ribs) so I started rubbing Karen's belly just trying to comfort her and she said that blakely started to move so I got closer to her belly. WhenI started talking to Blakely in Spanish, she moved towards me... :) it cant get any better than that, she was coming to daddy..........

No comments: